Posted on by TheHomeCentric Admin
Ahh Halloween. Easiest one of my favorite holidays of the year, one where you can let your imagination run wild and there will still be plenty of room to be tasteful and classy (if that’s your style). In our household, Halloween preparations start way in advance (we’re talking a whole month here, guys) and the entire family pitches in to make this a fun holiday for all. Good times, good times. The most fun to decorate, however, is the porch. There’s just so much you can do with it and well, I love making a big statement. Here’s what we plan on doing for Halloween this year.
1. Corn stalks in planters: Deck the porch with corn stalks in planters! Not only do these scream ‘fall’s here!’ but they’re also very rustic in their appeal, making all the difference to your porch. Stack these in large planters right by your door and you’re to have heads turning in the direction of your house! Bonus points for throwing in haystacks for good measure.
2. Pumpkins and candles, please: You can’t really have fall without pumpkins and you there is no way you can have Halloween without pumpkins. So pumpkins it is! Jack-o-lanterns are probably my most favorite part of Halloween anyway and I take extra time carving them out for display on our porch. This Halloween is going to be no different. Stick ‘em with candles and you have perfect little ghoulish pumpkin décor!
3. Ravens always spell H-a-l-l-o-w-e-e-n: Stuffed ravens and bats, that is. And it’s so simple as well! All you need to do is hunt for twigs and broken branches that are light enough to carry, prop them up in planters and then secure stuffed ravens (store bought or handmade- you decide!) with string. Voila!
4. Handmade ghostly draperies: The kind that makes you think of spooky asylums and creepy basements! This HGTV tutorial tells you just how you can make these draperies and it’ll only take up about 15 minutes from start to finish.
5. Fall-themed pillow covers: And we’re obviously talking about glorious orange pillow covers from yours truly. The HomeCentric makes a whole bunch of pillow covers in all kinds of styles, shapes and sizes, so if you have a little outdoor seating area on your porch, The HomeCentric is sure to deliver! There you have it! 5 really easy, yet extremely fun Halloween porch decorations that will make you your neighbor’s envy! Happy Halloween from The HomeCentric family!