Posted on by TheHomeCentric Admin
One of my favorite things to do before the start of a year is to zero in on my favorite design styles and color trends for the upcoming year. 2019 is just around the corner and already I’ve started dreaming up colors of the sky, emeralds and sunsets, imagining what colors I’d like to incorporate to my home décor. Here are my picks for the hottest color trends in 2019.
1. Mediterranean Blue: You know the kind that instantly transports you to Greece? A splash of blue can do wonders for your home and can be so easy to incorporate to your existing décor. Cool blue rugs, blue and white porcelain vases, pillow covers in lush fabrics such as satin and velvet, reupholstered chairs are all ideas for adding a quick dash of blue to your home. Blue pairs well with grey, cream, white, orange, lavender and fuchsia
2. Burnt Orange: Burnt orange has a certain Spanish charm to it that I find very appealing. It pairs particularly well with warm mocha browns, turquoise blue and cool grey. One of my favorite ways of incorporating burnt orange to my décor is with pillows. Pair patterned burnt orange pillow covers with solid colors and instantly transform the look and feel of your couch!
3. Sunset Orange: That’s right. More of orange. It really is one of my most favorite and most versatile colors there is. Walking into a room, there’s nothing that can cheer me up more than interesting pop or orange and to think how well it pairs with just about any color combination you may have in mind- teal, bottle green, turquoise, grey, you name it. In fact, simply filling up a vase with bright orange blooms can do the trick as well. A great way to include a pop of orange to your décor is to spring for an accent chair, like the one you see in this picture.
4. Ochre: The minute you say ochre, I picture an ochre accent wall and I picture painting it myself. This can be one of those budget-friendly home makeovers that will hardly make a dent in your pocket, but work magic for your home. Ochre pairs really well with slate blue and hey, if you’re willing to spring for a blue couch and turn your home into a mid-century modern haven, be my guest and please do so!
5. Bottle Green: I really can’t get enough of warm shades of green and don’t see this love fading any time soon. Olive green, fresh mint, rich bottle green combined with lush aubergine is an absolute dream. You can bottle green kitchen cabinets, vases, table runners, drapes and even table cloths to infuse a little bit of green to your décor. Such fun!