Posted on by TheHomeCentric Admin
If you’re thinking about turning a small corner in your house into a home office, look no further. The HomeCentric shares with you 5 easy, functional and really fun tips to creating the perfect home office.
1. Pick a space where you won’t be disturbed: A home office needs to be a place where you can get things done. Ideally, a den, spare room, attic or basement are the perfect places to create a home office. But should you not have that space available to you, choose a quiet little corner in the house- under the stairway maybe, where you can get your work done without being disturbed.
2. Get lots of light: Ideally, the perfect home office would be right next to a large window to let in lots of natural light. But if that’s not entirely possible, make sure your work area is well-lit. Task lighting gets the work done, but you can’t really have a home office without a table lamp.
3. Lots of shelf space: If you’re tight on space, you might want to invest in plenty of shelves in order to keep your workstation clutter-free. Your workstation should include your computer, a table lamp, a telephone and maybe a couple of framed photographs to add a personal touch. Shelves are where the papers, files and documents go. Out of the way, but well in reach.
4. Get an ergonomic chair: Think about it. You’re bound to spend to spend long hours on your office chair and well, it’s going to be a less than pleasant experience if the chair you’re sitting on is uncomfortable. This might be a bit of a splurge, but one that is completely worth it. Invest in an ergonomic chair and you’ll be glad you did!
5. Pin-up boards: Or inspiration boards. Call ‘em what you must but they’re something a home office can’t be complete without. Use this pin-up board to put up pictures that inspire you, pictures that make you happy, photos of people you love and admire, inspiring quotes, reminders, notes to self etc. This could be your ‘something personal’, a space that is your own in a work place.
6. Get some color in there: You might be tempted to use sleek and fuss-free white and black colors to decorate your home office, but you need to get some color in there. Color (along with variety!) is the spice of life. There’s nothing that a vase full of brightly colored flowers or a bunch of throw pillows in your favorite colors can’t do to add life into what could be a dull office space. Lucky for you, The HomeCentric makes pillow covers in all kinds of fabrics, styles, shapes and sizes so you can fit these right in just about wherever you like. Throw pillows can perk up any space in the house, so go right ahead and buy yourself something pretty today!
Are you ready, now, to start creating your perfect home office? Of course you are!