1. Create a checklist: Not to sound boring, but moms all over the world know that checklists can really help us get by. Create a checklist of all the things you think she might need and gently run them by her to see what she thinks. Your list should ideally include a first aid kit, canned foods, kitchenware and utensils, toiletries, hampers and laundry detergent. We found this list to be pretty
2. Helping her create a wall mural: Now that we’ve dealt with the practical aspects of setting up a dorm room, it’s time to get down to some fun. One of the best budget-friendly ways to prettying up a dorm room is by helping your daughter put up a printable wall mural might just be the way to go.
4. A blast of color with pillow covers: Throw pillows are a perfect way of adding personality to any room. And you can definitely have pillows to match your daughter’s personality and decorating style. Choose from the wide array of pillow cover styles here at The HomeCentric- suede, leather, velvet, silk and so much more. You’ll never run out of choices!
5. Photo buntings: Yes, photo buntings. Such a great way to remind your daughter or her friends and family back home. Plus, these are really so simple to make as well! Just clip on some of her favorite pictures to a string or rope and help her hang them wherever she may like.
6. String lights galore: String lights are most versatile when it comes to decorating a room. Fill them up in a jar, wrap them around your bed post, drape them over a chalkboard or suspend them from the ceiling to create a canopy. There’s so much you can do with them and they cost pretty much nothing!