Posted on by TheHomeCentric Admin
I don’t know about you but pretty much the first thing that comes to my mind when someone talks about bedroom décor is romance. Instantly my mind jumps to cool, crisp sheets, plush mattresses, four-poster beds, silver, gold and cream accents and darling chandeliers…sigh. I thrive on romance and when it comes to styling a bedroom, that’s when it’s truly my time to shine. If you’re looking for simple and fun ways to make your bedroom more romantic, here’s what you can do.
1. Choose a soothing color palette: I can’t stress this enough. Your bedroom should be a sanctuary; a place where you retire at the end of a long, hard day. Choose colors that are soft, pleasing and relaxing. If white and cream is not your thing, maybe consider colors that you and your partner find appealing. Brick red, ochre and turquoise are warm colors that can instantly make your room look inviting.
2. Create a boutique-hotel style room right in your bedroom: Don’t you just love hotel rooms? I know I do; particularly the part where you melt into the cool, crisp sheets on the bed. Ahh, instant relaxation!
Get the look by investing in only the best linens. Italian cotton is an absolute favorite and just so incredibly comfortable. Bring it all together by springing for different kinds of pillows. Mix and match styles and sizes to add layers to the bed.
3. A small seating area makes all the difference: Set up a small seating area where you can enjoy a cup of tea or a glass of wine at the end of a day. I’d recommend setting up 2 upholstered chairs by the window or the fireplace (if you have one) and a cushioned ottoman between them. Absolutely romantic!
4. Display couple pictures: I’m a big fan of displaying artwork, but when it comes to the bedroom, I think framed couple pictures do a lot to make the room more intimate. Display framed photos from your wedding day, your honeymoon or any memory that you’d particularly like to remember.
5. Extravagant lighting: Here’s where you splurge. Lighting is key when it comes to creating a romantic mood in your bedroom. Bedside lamps are an absolute necessity but for drama, you should consider springing for a romantic chandelier. Wall sconces are perfect for soft, accent lighting when strategically placed.
6. Throw a rug on the floor: How unpleasant would it be to step off a warm, delicious bed onto cold, harsh floors? Even the notion… Anyway, it’s a great idea to pay special attention to the flooring. Shag rugs are usually my first choice, but choose whatever’s comfortable to your taste and budget.